Friday, March 15, 2013

Physical Therapy Progress!!!

We had our first "work" session with the new physical therapist today and grandpa got to come with us because it was after work.  It was awesome!!!  Madilyn played with the baby in the giant mirror and even gave her kisses, it was so cute to watch.  She spent some time on the big swing with Monica and then got to play on it with me.  While on the swing it works on her muscles used for sitting.  I sat her on her butt in front of me with toys and went back and forth and side to side while barely holding her at her hips so she straightens herself out.  She did great!!  We then tried to move her on her belly over my leg but she's not receptive at all to tummy time so she then went on grandpa's chest on the big wedge where she feels a little safer and we can gradually work our way to laying flat.  The swing was really fun...I told the hubby I want one to play on at home, to bad it would have to replace our couch..

Milwaukee's goal for Madilyn is to have her sitting for a few seconds unaided by the September 6th appointment, I told Monica today that my goal for that was June.  She thought it was reasonable and said "then let's get working".  This made my day as sometimes our goals seem pretty lofty and unrealistic but if we don't shoot for the moon who will?

Madilyn has been making really quick progress with sitting on the couch unaided and we were able to play with the light board for almost 20 minutes last night with only repositioning her a few times.  The way I feel when I watch her accomplishing these tasks is absolutely overwhelming and beyond words.  It is so exciting, like nothing I have ever experienced in my life. 

Home Nursing came today for her weight check too and said they were expecting a plateau after the huge gains she's had the past few weeks but no plateau for the Peanugga........she gained 5 1/2 ounces so she's 13 pounds 6 ounces now!!!!  Hopefully the plateau won't come until we're over 14 pounds, I want to jump this hurdle as quickly as possible and with the new tricks we're using from Liz (speech/feeding therapist) I don't think that's unrealistic.

All in all today was an awesome day........can't wait to work with the therapist again on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment