Monday, March 11, 2013

Cribs and CPR

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days.  We had a crazy busy weekend between me working and family stuff going on.  Saturday I worked and then took the Peanugga to spend some time with dad before he went back to college and Sunday I worked and then Peanugga went to Auntie Tammy's (my sister's) for a visit while we accomplished major tasks around the house.  We had to move all three bedrooms so that my hubby, the peanugga and I are now in the biggest bedroom so she gets to sleep in her crib every night now instead of the playpen.  She loves it!!!  I did have to use bumper pads on the back of it even though they tell you not to because the Peanugga decided that the crib bars made awesome teething toys and kept sticking her arm through it and couldn't get out......It was amusing but I quickly realized there would be no sleeping so it's covered.  The Peanugga was not happy about me covering it either, when I was trying to tie it she was playing in the crib and kept pulling it off and yelling at me.  Mission accomplished though, it's covered and she sleeps great.

Today we had a friend's 2 year old, Bentley, here for the morning while Mommy was working and Madilyn loved it.  Bentley absolutely loves her and it's nice to have another little one around.  I'm hoping it motivates her now that she can see so much better and she'll want to mimic him...  Her progress already since getting the glasses is huge....she sees everything now and it's fun to watch her.  When she's on the floor she is starting to go after her toys now and has turned into a scooter which makes the therapists cringe.  She tucks her arms behind her back, gets her little butt off the floor and uses her legs to push herself around.  I think it's funny, the therapists don't.  Although the new therapist said we would find a way to work with it but it's not conducive to crawling, but neither is refusing to do tummy time either.  When we try to put Madilyn on her tummy she puts her arms out, locks up her legs, cranks her head around to look at you and has the hugest temper tantrum ever.........she gets downright angry and as soon as you let go of her she flips herself over and lets you know how unhappy she is with you.  It usually ends with her spitting at me and pouting.  She sure is stubborn.

I went tonight and got my CPR certification.  I haven't taken a CPR course in over 20 years so it was nice to go especially now that Madilyn is eating more foods, it makes me feel a little safer.  I highly recommend to everyone to take a CPR course, you never know when you could save someones life.  I questioned the woman teaching the course about what to do if Madilyn was choking because a child (infant) her size gets tipped head down and we cannot do that with Madilyn because of the shunt.  She told me to try it with her more level but if that didn't work then she would have to be tipped and hopefully it works quickly or it can cause problems with her shunt.  There were some local daycare providers at the class renewing their certifications and when we started talking about Madilyn they thanked me for not attempting to put a child like her into daycare and putting that responsibility on them.........I reassured them that it has never been nor will it ever be an option for us as she requires too much care.

The sitting is going really well.  Peanugga no longer fights it as much as she did now that she can see so much more.  She will actually sit with us for extended periods of time.  She loves her little music/light up piano and the light up bongo drums......I'm telling you all that my cutie little pistol is going to be a rock star someday with how much she loves music.....

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy reading your posts about Madi so much Kathy! Prayers and hugs for everyone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She can be in her grandpa's band someday...

    ReplyDelete