Sunday, February 24, 2013

First months with grandma

Since Madilyn has come to live with me we have survived croup at Thanksgiving, strep throat at Christmas, 12 teeth and a nasty virus that threatened to take her life.  We have also learned to pick our head up, roll over, chatter like crazy and giggle.  There is nothing more amazing than hearing a baby giggle especially when it took over a year before you got to hear it.  Watching Madilyn grow and accomplish things has made me realize how much I took for granted with my own three children.  They were "normal, healthy" kids.  I think back to all the impatience when I was in my 20's and they were little and wanted to count every step and put their shoes/clothes on themselves and now I think:  "I wonder how old Madilyn will finally be when we get to do that?"  I have friends that have babies/grandchildren and they are less than 6 months old and they are already bigger than Madilyn and starting to sit up on their own and I think........someday she'll finally sit.....she has such an aversion to sitting on her butt, it's often frustrating but we keep working on it.......and I sing...I suck at it but when she's sitting I am either whistling or singing cause then she doesn't have a fit right away and will actually sit for a minute.



We have incorporated weekly Home Nursing visits for weight checks into our routine as well at physical therapy/visual therapy and other home visitors as well.  We make weekly weigh-in calls to her GI doc from Children's Hospital so they can montior/adjust her feeds as needed.  Is it sad that the return call from Nicole (the GI nurse) is usually one of the highlights of my week?  It used to be Saturday night drinks with friends and now it's a happy GI doc........my how life has changed...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment