Monday, January 9, 2017

True Fears

I really have no words to explain what happened tonight.  We dropped Shyanne of at driver's education and barely made it around the corner and the vomit started...she was mad cause Shyanne got out of the car??  maybe??  she was upset cause it was dark outside and her DVD wasn't turned on??  carsick??  I don't have a clue but oh the vomit... the thick, choking vomit... she can't breathe, she can't get it out and I'm caught in traffic trying desperately to find a place to stop....

I stopped right in the middle of North Ave....half in traffic half out...it's snowing and slippery and there's so much traffic by the school it's chaos... I pulled over 3 times in less than 2 minutes...we came home and scared the daylights out of my hubby who's upstairs sick.. we were supposed to be gone to Walmart to pick up some crackers, 7 up and a few other things and instead we're back in the door 10 minutes after we left with Madilyn yelling her head off at me and me sobbing, yelling, begging her to stop puking.

Madilyn dying from choking to death while I'm driving and stuck in traffic is one of my biggest fears... I've watched her turn blue right in front of me when we were in the house...when the puking starts and I'm in the car alone with her panic ensues.... I try to keep my calm the best I can but tonight I lost it... I drove home the last few blocks sobbing, yelling and begging her to stop..... it makes me never want to leave the house alone with her again.... I will, because I have to but it leaves me with this pit of fear in my gut that makes me nauseous and I somewhat hold my breath just waiting....

I've always been a deal with it and move on kind of person...a don't dwell on it kind of person... I still don't dwell but the PTSD doesn't always let me move on either.....

No comments:

Post a Comment