Thursday, November 28, 2013

Things to be thankful for

Today we are thankful for the little giggles that fill our home with joy.  We are thankful that we are all healthy and happy.  We have a turkey in the oven and a roof over our heads.  We have children scattered everywhere and are feeling very blessed.

This past year has taught us so much about what we have to be thankful for.  It doesn't have to be the big things, there are little things every day that so many people overlook.  A year ago we were struggling with the Croup and Madilyn couldn't even hold her head up.  This year we are healthy and she's giggling, chattering and motoring all over in her walker and on the floor.

Our community has shown us more love and support than we know what to do with.  It's overwhelming at times.  The financial gifts, the toys and clothes for Madilyn all mean more to us than my words could ever say.  My sisters who have taken time from work to travel with me and sit in emergency rooms, to celebrate the little things and sometimes to just listen to me and let me cry, without them I don't know where I'd be.

My husband for always loving and supporting every crazy idea I have and every rant I go on.  My children for being so tolerant and accepting all the changes that life has brought us in the past year.  My parents and in-laws even though they are far away for always checking in with us and helping in any way they can.

Madilyn's teams (all 8 of them) of nurses and doctor's that take incredible care of her and us.  They are always willing to go out of their way to help us in any way they can.  To the nurses and teams of doctors on W-11 at Children's Hospital for being so amazing during two scary hospital stays this past year..(we love you but hopefully won't see you this next year...)

I am also incredibly thankful for each and every one of you that takes the time to read this blog.  For the moment in time that you take to share in our lives and to learn about the things we live with every single day.

We are thankful for old friends and new and for our therapists that have become like family to us.

Most of all I am thankful that the sun is shining, the Peanugga is smiling and we have little pink shoes...it's all about the shoes..:)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment